What is a Security Master?
Capital market participants need accurate reference data to drive efficient operations. Whether you are processing a transaction, analysing the cashflows of a portfolio, pricing a swap or structuring a new product – access to accurate reference data is key.
A security master, or securities master, is an operational data store for the reference data of financial securities, across all asset classes managed by the firm. A centralised security master can provide a consistent and validated store of financial reference data for users, departments and downstream systems throughout the enterprise.
Xenomorph Security Master Solution
The Xenomorph Security Master solution enables firms to on-board data from multiple sources (vendor or internal), de-duplicate records, and create a definitive security master to clearly define all instrument details. Xenomorph Security Master is supported by a flexible and easily extensible data model, along with configurable workflows for normalisation, consolidation, validation, enrichment, exception handling and distribution.
- Out of the box: Packaged system contains thousands of field mappings for dozens of asset classes.
- Flexible: the data model for each asset class is easily modified to cover all information about a security so the needs of every department can be met within one system.
- Intuitive: Easy to use UIs enable clients to build their own data models using a drag and drop interface. Any information can be stored from term sheets and reference data to market and derived data.
- Configurable: Build powerful workflows to capture, cleanse, standardize, and consolidate information from all internal and external sources.
- Track and Trace: With full audit and data lineage on all data and actions the system can track everything that happens to data artefacts from when they first enter the system to their export. A permanent and unique identifier is applied to each instrument so that it can be traced even if its other identifiers change through time.
- Data governance: Apply internal data policies to all data and create KPIs to measure their effectiveness.
- Regulatory Compliance: The system is fully BCBS239 compliant and all operations within system are monitored.