Careers at Xenomorph
Xenomorph is the leading provider of analytics and data management solutions to the financial markets (read more). For more information contact (direct enquiries only, no agents).
Consultant at Xenomorph Software Inc, New York
Skills required: C# .NET, Microsoft SSIS/SSRS, Mathematical background
Position type: Full time
Location: New York City
The role of Consultant at Xenomorph involves the implementation, customisation and business integration of the Xenomorph product suite (see www.xenomorph.com for further details). The role is primarily client-focussed, and a significant portion of work may be based at client sites (including overseas).
Xenomorph’s technology framework is Microsoft-based, and consultants will need to have a strong technical background and development experience with Microsoft’s object-oriented development technologies and the .NET framework.
From a business perspective, Xenomorph’s application suite provides solutions to the data management, pricing and risk analysis areas of the Financial Services vertical. Candidates should have a good basic comprehension of the Financial Services business space as well as a mathematics background.
- Rapidly develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Xenomorph platform, including implementation strategies, framework components, and development interfaces such as APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and SDKs (Software Development Kits).
- Assist in, or lead the delivery of requirements specifications for client-directed or internal projects. URSs (User Requirements Specifications) and FRSs (Functional Requirements Specifications) should be clear in defining functional requirements, approach and development/delivery strategy. Accurate estimates of development work, analysis, documentation and testing effort are important.
- Co-ordinate with Client/Internal Project Managers on a variety of client projects to ensure that Xenomorph’s Professional Services deliverables are developed on time, to specification, and on budget. This will involve direct analysis and development, and potentially the team management of more junior team members. Consultants are expected to maintain an overall view of project delivery and flag any potential issues (with implementation or initial approach) to the Project Manager as soon as they become apparent, whether or not they directly relate to Xenomorph’s deliverables.
- Ensure that the deliverables are to agreed specifications, and that any changes are properly managed through the change control process agreed with the Project Manager and client.
- Convey a high level of professionalism in work and appearance. The candidate will be responsible to some degree for maintaining a positive relationship with the clients at an implementation team level, and also for alerting the account management team to any sensitive or imminent issues which could affect the Xenomorph relationship.
- Proactively identify further opportunities at client sites, and communicate these to the Sales team. The candidate should be able to generate awareness for extended use of the product within the implementation team (soft approach).
- Focus extra effort on key delivery points – project milestones, phase completions, and User Acceptance. Ensure client expectations are met as far as possible.
- Develop good lines of communication with other team members, and with the internal Product Development team. Keep abreast of developments in the product and identify potential client interest/potential sponsorship to the Sales team.
- To assimilate a large amount of information on the Xenomorph Product Framework, as applications for utilisation will be different across each client. In addition, a large proportion of work may occur outside of the office, and the candidate will need to make an active effort to maintain internal relationships, and keep up to date with Product Development and parallel Professional Services projects.
- The candidate will also need to keep more generic technical skills current. The progressive nature of product development means that candidates will have to keep skills current and up to date.
- To maintain client relationships under pressure. The candidate will need to carefully manage client expectations, and ensure a high quality of delivery for Xenomorph’s components of any client projects. In large projects, with multiple development streams, the candidate will need to ensure that Xenomorph’s deliverables and dependencies are clearly recognised across the programme, and protect the company and Professional Services team from the normal political pressures of the project.
- To identify additional Sales opportunities. Opportunities should be identified for additional use of the product at client sites. These should be communicated to clients only if appropriate, in the context of their plan / direction, and should preferably be suggested on the back of a client’s enquiry. Close liaison with the account management / sales team is required.
- To cater for approach differences between segments of the Financial Services community. Investment Banks, Investment Managers and Hedge funds all have their own lexicon, approach, and areas of operational importance. The candidate will need to be able to speak to each client with focus on areas of their own importance and using appropriate terminology.
- Annual Performance Review (Line Manager / HR)
- 6-monthly Regular Objective reviews
- Regular weekly Consultancy meetings
Key skills / qualifications / experience
- 2+ years experience in the Financial Services industry
- 3+ years experience in Application Development / Application Integration
- Maths / Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- High level of competence in .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET
- XML, XSLT
- VB6, VBA for Excel
- RDBMS Development (pref. MS SQL Server)
- Understanding of financial markets
- Understanding and experience of financial instruments – fixed income, equity and derivatives
- High-level understanding of investment strategies
- Understanding of Risk measurement approaches e.g. VaR